Do you use Midas Civil or Gen for modeling complex bridges and buildings, but struggle with the code-checks? We have a proposal for you! With our BIM link, you can enjoy the best of Midas for the global model and analysis and use IDEA StatiCa for the code-checks!
Using two powerful tools will make you an efficient engineering expert
- Why midas for the global model and analysis?
Midas Civil/Gen is a state-of-the-art engineering software that sets a new standard for the design of bridges and civil structures. It features a distinctively user-friendly interface and optimal design solution functions that can account for construction stages and time-dependent properties. Its highly developed modeling and analysis functions enable engineers to overcome common challenges and inefficiencies of finite element analysis.
- Why IDEA StatiCa for the code-checks?
IDEA StatiCa Concrete provides economic and safe code-checks of common, as well as complex, non-standard reinforced, prestressed concrete cross-sections. And IDEA StatiCa Steel can design all types of welded or bolted connections according to various codes of practice.
Types of structures modeled and analyzed in Midas Civil/Gen and easily code-checked in IDEA StatiCa
- Integral bridge made of reinforced or prestressed concrete
- Prestressed girder bridges (Tee, double Tee, I-girders, multicell box-girders)
- Composite bridge of type concrete-concrete
- Bridges build-up by complex construction stage methods, such as free cantilever method (FCM), incremental launching method (ILM), movable scaffolding system (MSS), and others
- Steel bridges
- Multi-story buildings, Skyscrapers, Power plants, etc.
Midas Civil/Gen to IDEA StatiCa workflow
Good news everyone, Midas Civil/Gen are linked to IDEA StatiCa for all over the world!
Follow these simple steps to set up the BIM link correctly:
- Activate the BIM link in Midas Civil/Gen
- Create a model of the bridge, industrial structure, or building
- Subject the structure to load actions, dead load, prestress, temperature load, moving load, etc.
- Generate the construction stages if needed
- Run the analysis in midas, get the internal forces
- Export to IDEA StatiCa
- Set the design parameters like code, reinforcement, manufacturing operations, and check it there!
For Concrete design:
For Steel design:
- Code-check any topology of steel connection
Create your project in midas Civil/Gen and export to IDEA file according to these tutorials:
Many structural engineers use Midas Civil to IDEA StatiCa workflow in their everyday practice. For example, let’s take a look at an interesting case study of a Prestressed concrete roof in Zbysov, Czech Republic.