You asked, we delivered!
One of the biggest requests we’ve had from our customers over the last year, was the ability to export a joint from TEKLA Structures, without the need of IDEA StatiCa being installed in the same computer. In IDEA StatiCa 10.1 we made it happen! And even more, we provide it for FREE!
We created a plugin that can be downloaded for free from our website or TEKLA Warehouse, and can be installed by any TEKLA Structures user, even if he doesn’t have an IDEA StatiCa license.
So, if you need your colleagues to export a connection from Tekla Structures in IDEA StatiCa format, you can simply ask them to download and install the plugin from our website, export the connection to Project Viewer and send you the .ideacon file.
How to use the Plugin
1. Download the Plugin from this link, and install it.
2. After the installation finishes, the following window will pop-up, and depending on the version(s) of TEKLA Structures that you have in your PC, it will inform you which version has been installed.
3. When you open TEKLA Structures, you will see an IDEA StatiCa ribbon that has 2 buttons:
- Code-check manager – this is the standard desktop integration that works when IDEA StatiCa is installed in the same PC. It enables you to work with multiple connections at a time, synchronize models, etc.
- Export to Project Viewer – this is the new button that allows export of any connection to the online environment of the IDEA StatiCa Viewer which opens through your web browser (this is FREE and does not require a license of IDEA StatiCa). From the Online viewer, you then have the option to download an .ideacon file that can be opened with the desktop version of IDEA StatiCa.