Continuing the close cooperation with the iStructE, IDEA StatiCa UK will be sponsoring – and presenting – one of the most interesting conferences for 2020, the Digital design and computation conference.
Building on the success of the 2019 conference, this two-day event explores practical digital tools, innovative design methodologies, material optimisation and digital manufacturing.
The Institution recognises that practical design methods and real-world application of advanced high-speed computation in daily design work are the key to a better-built environment for all.
The construction industry is responsible for 39% of all carbon emissions in the world. Consequently, the race to reduce significantly – or zeroing – the carbon omissions in the UK, largely depend on the structural design of all structures, and reduction in material usage and new design methods to avoid excessive emissions will draw down many, many tonnes each year for each of us.
IDEA StatiCa couldn’t be more relevant in this effort since its unique approach for the design of steel connections has allowed thousands of engineers around the world to optimize complex connections, explore different design patterns, and reduce significantly the material usage without any discount in safety – and we are very much looking forward to demonstrating these through the hands-on workshops that are planned for the first day.
These workshops will allow the delegates to explore optimisation techniques, ‘optioneering’ with materials and structural forms, and in this way, be able to take away something practical from the workshops that can be applied to their projects immediately.
The program in detail:
Hands-on workshops demonstrating optimisation techniques, ‘optioneering’ with materials and structural forms.
- Keynote speaker Bill Baker, the engineer behind the Burj Khalifa, discusses design in the computational age
- International experts showcase their digital journeys and computational methods via presentations and case studies
- Gain practical advice on the use of unfamiliar materials in everyday design work through digital tools
- Presentations and panel discussions focusing on developments in:
- Digital manufacturing and accessing new materials
- Material optimisation and design method innovation
- Circular economy and building analytics
- Maintaining quality and safety of design
Benefits of attendance:
- Learn about cutting edge structural design skills and technologies
- Attend hands-on workshops to boost the skills of your engineers at all levels
- Discover technologies to boost productivity, accuracy and quality of your structural design work
- A unique opportunity to network with global leaders in the field of digital design