Join us on Wednesday, 26th of May 2021 at 10:00am (BST) or 5:00pm (BST)
Learn more about:
- How we improved the CBFEM models in our latest release.
- What aspects of the model behavior were enhanced?
- How do condensed super-elements work?
- How do condensed super-elements influence the connection model?
- Why using Loads in equilibrium is key in ensuring the correct loading is applied.
With the release of version 21, a lot of new features were introduced. We improved the overall productivity of IDEA StatiCa Connection, the model response for corner cases, extended the analysis capabilities and we laid the ground for supporting the future Eurocode versions.
In this webinar, we will focus on the underlying CBFEM model changes and how to get the most out of them.
We will use idealized models in both the new and old software versions side-by-side to demonstrate the response difference between the two. These differences and their implications on connection design will be explored.
We will also be looking into the novel condensed super-elements employed by our CBFEM solver to allow for these improvements, explain how they work and why enforcing the principle of loads in equilibrium is important if you want to get the most out of a connection model.
Lastly, we will use a support case to demonstrate that correctly defined models give almost identical results in both versions.